Future Hacks 2021: July 31st - August 1st, 2021 (EVENT OVER)
XdHacks Mini LA - Future Hacks is a virtual hackathon aimed at inspiring high-school students to utilize their computer science skills to find innovative solutions to solve problems. The problem presented to participants is making an application that can help people who already live or are transitioning to Mars. Specifically, the goal is when Humans transition to Mars, there will be a change in environmental circumstances, and to alleviate that, participants can make applications that can help with the transition from an Earth environment to a Mars Environment. This could include an educational aspect of the environment or an agriculture aspect.
Within 30 hours, you and your team will collaborate to develop functional prototypes of digital solutions to satisfy a theme requirement to be revealed during the opening ceremony. Throughout the event, there will be workshops, interactive activities, and mentors to assist the development of your project and to keep you entertained. After submitting your projects by the deadline, you and your team will pitch your product to an experienced panel of judges to compete for prizes. Check-ins are on Discord!
XdHacks Mini is a hackathon organization that seeks to challenge the minds of young STEM enthusiasts and inspire them to use their talents to solve real-world problems. Our extension, XdHacks Mini LA, is an extension with the goal of bringing the XdHacks hackathon experience to the Los Angeles/SoCal area to broaden the influence and inspiration of STEM. Our events will include workshops for students to learn, activities for them to partake in, and prizes for the winners to claim - all while building participants' ability to innovate and create products and solutions for the better of tomorrow.
Visit our Website for more details about the event and our organization.
Workshops, activities, schedules, judging criteria, and prizes will be updated regularly.
- What is a hackathon? A Hackathon is a combination of the words "hack "and "marathon ". At XdHacks Mini, we believe the word "hack "means to create. It’s an event where people come together and use technology to transform ideas into reality. Additionally, students can create projects, attend workshops, meet new people, improve their programming, and have lots of fun!
- How does a virtual Hackathon work? Future Hacks takes place exclusively online. Registration will be held on HackHub and there will be the communication platform during the Hackathon. Zoom will be used for webinars and Q&A sessions. Technical instructions will be sent to you via email before the Hackathon begins.
- What kind of product am I expected to create? This is not a university level event. Although our event encourages students to develop their product as much as they can, we do not expect a product ready to be put on the market. Prototyping is a huge part of product creation and, at XdHacks, we are celebrating the creativity and innovative ideas highschool students have to approach a real-world issue. Your pitch should include extensive planning and preparation and hopefully presentable models to showcase your inventive products!
- What activities are planned? There will be webinars, online side games and plenty of other fun activities to keep you busy!
- Are there participation requirements? The only participation requirements are that you are a current high-school student with internet access. No coding experience is required!
- Are there Prizes? Yes. There will be prizes to reward unique and innovative ideas.
- Is there a maximum team size? Yes, the maximum team size is 5 people.
- What if I don’t have a team? We will have some online team building sessions, so feel free to register alone
$8,000 in prizes
Actual value of prize will fluctuate depending on amount of participants so actual prize amount can be below $8,000 or above $8,000
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
XdHacks Mini Partnered Judges